Monday, August 27, 2012


Well hello everyone! My latest reads have all been brilliant and also All Comic Books!

Iv read 5 books in the past month, 3 being small press and Irish Independantly made.

Nestor issues #1 & #2 By Martin Greene and Writer Mike Lynch hit the shelves and online store Indy planet recently, Two fantastic issues with gorgeous illustration. Nestor is a Dublin City based comic book about a vampire who's seeking vengence for his girlfriend who he finds dead in their Dublin city home. Filled with hate and rage he sets out after the men who killed her only to find himself making more of a mess of things when he meets a girl named Sara. I cant give too much away because its a short story so I will leave it up to you to get the book and read it yourslves. I quite enjoyed both issues, I thought they were written very well and I think anyone who is into vampire's will really enjoy the version of vampire Martin has created.

The next book I read was Mark Millar's graphic novel Superior.
Superior is about a 12 year old boy named Simon Pooni who lives a normal life reading comic books and watching his hero Superior on the big screens and he is the best on his basketball team, until one day he gets diagnosed with multible sclerosis and he ends up in a wheelchair and goes blind in one eye. Simon prays every night to have his old life back. One night he gets visited by a talking monkey named Ormon who grants Simon his wish but turns him into Superior! All Ormon has to say to Simon is "All will be explained in one week" so without giving away anything, alot of crazy, funny and sad things happen throughout the course of this book but millar brings you on a great journey and really makes you feel for the character's.

Well in my last post I was talking about the release of Zombie's Hi #6 which came out the 20th of this month. ZH is also Irish made by a crew based in Derry Northern Ireland. This issue was featuring a surprise, something they never did in past issues so its worth seeking out. I read issue #6 a few days ago, Its brilliant, its coupled with a few short stories one being by the writer of Nestor Mike Lynch. All 3 stories are very well written and their really witty, funny and serious all rolled into one. There was a few different artists on bored like there always is in ZH and all of the art is amazing, there is so much talent that it's inspiring.

Last but not least was a really good graphic novel adapted from "The house of night series" By PC Cast and Kristen Cast called House of nght Legacy. It goes back a few books to were the main character Zoey Redbird first got marked and joined the House of Night school for Vampire fleglings. Zoey needs to learn about each of the elemental powers she possess's Earth, Air, Fire, Water, and Spirit before she can commit to her first ritual of the dark daughters. This book was really good, infact I enjoyed it so much I would love if they brought the whole series out in comic book form because I enjoyed the books but I found it was more entertaining with the illustration that compilmented it so well. But that's just my opinion. If your a House of Night fan then go get this book, you'll love it!

Well that's all for now I hope you enjoyed my rambling enough to want to read one of these stories and if you do then Happy reading!  :) I would also love to know what your thoughts are on any of these stories or any other story you've read, I'm always on the lookout for new things to read. Until next time Excelsior!






No comments:

Post a Comment